1943 - A brand emerges
An enterprising spirit, willingness to take risks and the desire never to rest on its laurels were indelibly inscribed on Piaget’s DNA, which is why in 1943, the company made a decision that was crucial to its future by registering the brand. From then on, the movement Manufacture from La Côte-aux-Fées produced watches signed by and sold under its own name, created with the same close attention to esthetics and technical performance. This rebirth can be ascribed to Gérald and Valentin Piaget, the founder’s grandsons. They also started the brand’s geographic expansion and worked to increase its international recognition.
Orders came pouring in and production was running at full capacity. Even though the workshops had been modernized, they could not keep pace with demand. That is why, in 1945, Piaget built a new Manufacturing facility, which was soon to distinguish itself by novel developments in the area of ultra-thin movements.