1874 - In the beginning
It was in La Côte-aux-Fées, a small village in the Swiss part of the Jura, that Georges Édouard Piaget sketched the first strokes of what, decades later, was to become an inimitable signature in the world of luxury and fine watchmaking. In 1874, he started his first workshop on the family farm and devoted himself to making high-precision movements that he soon began supplying to the most prestigious brands. The business developed very quickly. Piaget’s fame spread far beyond the crests of the mountains around Neuchâtel, increased by demand from those who already recognized his signature on a movement as a mark of seldom-equaled expertise, and his workshop grew. Georges Édouard’s son Timothée Piaget took over the business in 1911, displaying the same passion, demand for quality and success as his father. Sound and solid foundations had been laid for Piaget.